7 Email Marketing Statistics That Will Give You Hope
Every year, we hear about the death of email. Marketers are dramatic like that. Something new comes up (social media marketing, mobile marketing, etc.), and they claim that something old has died as a result. We’ve been hearing about the death of email marketing for a while now, but I’m here to tell you it’s all a load of crap.
Email marketing is alive and well, thank you very much. Has it changed? Sure, but marketers are still seeing huge ROI on effectively managed email marketing campaigns.
Now, I know you might be skeptical. That’s why, rather than trying to put together some big argument of my own on why email marketing is still worth your time, I’m just going to present these 7 statistics and let them speak for themselves.
1. Checking email is by far the most popular activity engaged in by tablet users while watching television, according to Nielsen.
2. At the end of 2011, there were more than 3 billion email accounts worldwide.
3. 59% of B2B marketers surveyed say that email is still the most effective channel in generating revenue (source: BtoB Magazine survey).
4. In a survey by Software Advice, 40% of B2B marketers rated email marketing leads as high quality.
5. The Direct Marketing Association says that firms make an average of $40 for every dollar spent on email marketing.
6. Over 50% of mobile workers check their email right when they wake up or immediately after getting dressed.
7. Personalized subject lines can increase open rates by 500%.
Clearly, email marketing is still alive and well. When done properly, it can be a powerful tool for engaging your customers, generating leads, turning prospects into customers, and much more. Of course, a lot of marketers don’t use email properly so they don’t see the results.
A few years back, I wrote a post called “23 Email Marketing Rules to Follow” that I still believe is helpful today. I encourage you to check that link out.
So, what do you think? Is email marketing still worth the time and effort? Share your thoughts by commenting below.