33 Copywriting Tips Found on Twitter
Who would have thought that some of the best copywriting advice you’ll ever receive could be delivered in 140 characters or less? I’ve come up with a list of 33 killer copywriting tips I’ve found on Twitter. Enjoy.
Note: Follow these people on Twitter. You’ll discover even more great marketing and copywriting tips.
1. heatherlloyd: Taking time to put yourself in your target audience’s shoes helps you create copy that’s more targeted and less mechanical
2. charismatickid: If you read your copy out loud and you hear the same keyphrases over and over, it’s time to edit.
3. healymonster: Copywriting tip: Write like you talk. People get sucked into copy that’s easy to read.
4. CopywriterTO: #Copywriting tip: Get your readers’ attention by starting your copy with a compelling story.
5. Mainecopywriter: Copy Tip: Only 10% of your copy gets read. Use subheads to capture attention and draw the reader into the copy.
6. Cbreecopy: Tip: Shorter is not always better. Longer titles are more descriptive and provide better SEO.
7. caseyfleming: #Copywriting tip: Talk about your customers 90% of the time and your company only 10% of the time.
8. CopyByMac: Copywriters: don’t forget to practice writing those headlines and bullets. A simple change to a headline I wrote brought significant changes.
9. companyseo: Copywriting with corporate SEO keywords is one of the best ways to drive qualified leads to your website and convert sales.
10. DGRComms: Copywriting has to be about words that stimulate a response, far from boring yet always professional
11. Copywritings: Copywriting Tip. Starting sentences with But, And is permissible. Advertising copy follows the patterns of speech more than rules of grammar.
12. Copywritings: Copywriting Tip. Write as if you’re speaking to one person
13. Copywritings: Copywriting Tip. Break up your copy with bullet points. Bullets make copy easier to read.
14. JackeeGreen: Copywriting Tip: When Writing A Headline, use AIDA. A=Attention, I=Interest, D=Desire, & A=Action
15. Copysnips: Copywriting Tip: Benefits are reasons to buy at SOME TIME, but if you want them to buy NOW, give them REASONS to do so.
16. Copysnips: Copywriting Tip: We form first impressions of people almost instantly, and the same is true of your copy’s readers.
17. ScottByWater: Copywriting tip: “a writer should always feel like he’s in over his head” Michael Cunningham
18. contentwriteroz : Web Copywriting Tip- Don’t confuse visitors by using various conflicting calls to action on the same page.
19. contentwriteroz :Web Copywriting Tip – Don’t use “click here” or “read more” as link text. Use descriptive link labels for usability & SEO.
20. contentwriteroz : Web Copywriting Tip- Use a professional writing style but a personal and quite casual tone of voice.
21. Contentmakeover: Sales writing tip: Deliver a promise. Show proof. Call for action
22. Contentmakeover: #NLP #Sales #Copywriting Tip: Leave no doubt in your reader’s mind
23. LighthausDesign: Website Copywriting Tip: After writing copy for a page of your site, cut it in half, then cut it in half again. Less is more on the Web.
24. Mainecopywrtr: copywriting tip: make a specific promise in your headline. Then spend the rest of the sales letter proving you can deliver it.
25. Lyricacopy: An adjective phrase beginning a sentence must refer to the subject. So “As a valued customer, we’re offering you…” is incorrect.
26.DMCopywriter: Email copywriting tip: The shorter the subject line, usually the better. Try for 4 to 5 words if possible
27. DMCopywriter: Web page copywriting tip: Let visitors self reflect at your site. Know why they are there firstly
28. SpiritualCopy: Copywriting Tip: Have an awesome product or service… because a great product or service INSPIRES great copy.
29. RobAdvertising: Tip of the day. Have a clear call to action in all your marketing.
30. TopMarketingTip: #Tips – Does your webpage’s headline (preferably H1) describe the problem your customers are having in relation to your solution?
31. farhadkhurshed: #Copywriting Tip: Make a quick transition from your headline to your sales message. Don’t waste time with warm up paragraphs
32. farhadkhurshed: #Copywriting Tip: Be specific with your claims. Superlatives are not credible, concretes invariably are!
33. Prime_Concepts: Copywriting Tip: Use short and long paragraphs for the readers and scanners.
Do you follow any great copywriters on Twitter? Are you a copywriter on Twitter? Leave your links so I can follow more copywriters!