Even More Ways to Build Your Authority
Over the past month or so, I’ve written a couple of different posts about gaining authority and establishing yourself as an expert online. Since my last post on the topic, even more ideas for building authority online have come to me. So, here are 5 more tips you can start putting into practice to gain even more credibility.
- Teach a class on your subject—Distance education has grown considerably over the past 10 years. By the year 2013, an estimated 18.2 million students will be enrolled in distance ed classes. And with colleges and courses dedicated to every topic imaginable, the opportunities for becoming an online instructor are abundant. Teaching a class related to your field instantly enhances your credibility.
- Start a podcast—Like blogging, podcasting is an excellent medium for offering your insight and advice on topics in your niche. Of course, a podcast without listeners doesn’t do much for building your authority. That’s why you should check out these tips for getting more podcast subscribers.
- Submit posts to blog carnivals—Blog carnivals are online magazines devoted to specific topics. Each edition contains the best posts from different blogs around the web. Submit your post to the various blog carnivals in your niche, and you’ll increase your backlinks and enhance your reputation as an expert in your field.
- Write a monthly newsletter—Newsletters aren’t just an effective way to market your products and services to customers; they’re also good for spreading knowledge and increasing your authority. That’s why your newsletters shouldn’t just be one long advertisement; instead, offer up articles and advice your readers can benefit from. Quality newsletter content will ensure more people open and read your newsletter each month.
- Form a group—Starting a group on Yahoo!, Google, LinkedIn, or any other site shows you’re a leader in your field. Hold regular meetings with your group where everyone exchanges valuable information and new ideas, making your group a thought leader in your industry. And as the leader of such a group, your image as an expert will only grow stronger.