5 More Tips for Gaining Authority Online
A few days ago, I wrote a post, “What You Can Do To Gain Authority Online.” I offered up 7 tips aimed at helping you increase your influence, online presence, and hopefully, bottom line online. Of course, not long after I published this list, I realized there are even more things you can do to increase your authority online.
And that brings us here, to this follow-up post.
1. Host a webinar—Webinars are quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to hold large conferences. They’re easy to setup, and you don’t have to fly across the country just to meet up with everyone. Just like in-person seminars, webinars feature speakers who are experts in their field. That’s why hosting your own webinar (or even speaking at another group’s webinar) is a great way to position yourself as a thought leader in your field. You’ll have an eager audience who is waiting to learn something valuable from you, so make sure you make the most of this situation by preparing the best presentation possible.
2. Get interviewed—Bloggers and online magazines/news sites are always interviewing industry experts so they can share their unique insight with the website’s readers. Why not pitch yourself to get interviewed? You can try to solicit interviews by pitching yourself to the editors of these various online publications, or you can have a PR expert do the hard work for you (they’ll probably be more effective at getting interviews for you).
3. Collect testimonials and LinkedIn recommendations—Testimonials from your clients go a long way to enhancing your credibility. After all, you can do all you want to present yourself as an expert, but it will never carry the weight of an endorsement from someone else. That’s why I recommend placing testimonials on your website (either in a sidebar or in its own section on the website). You can also get testimonials from your connections on LinkedIn. All you have to do is send a request to the appropriate LinkedIn contacts for a recommendation of your work. It makes your LinkedIn page look more complete, and it creates the perception that you’re an authority.
4. Have press releases picked up by reputable outlets—Anyone can publish a press release these days. And since they’re such a powerful SEO tool, it seems like everyone is doing so. So, what can you do to make your press releases stand out from the crowd? Get them picked up by reputable media outlets. Again, this is something you can do on your own, but it can be time-consuming. That’s why I recommend finding an expert press release distribution service to do the hard work for you. In fact, some press release distribution services even provide guarantees that your story will get picked up by a major news outlet.
5. Review books related to your industry—Now, I’m well aware that running your business takes up most of your time, but it’s important that you never stop learning about your industry and how to grow your business. That’s why it’s important to read books that can help you run your business more effectively. But learning isn’t the only benefit you’ll get from reading; you can also review the books you read on Amazon and other websites to further increase your online presence and your authority in your field. Like everything else, make sure your book reviews are well thought out and well written as they are a direct representation of your company.