5 Creative Ways to Advertise Your Business
These days, it’s harder than ever before to stand out from your competition. It seems every company is on the social media bandwagon, and most of the traditional advertising methods have already been tapped. So, what does this mean for your small business? It means you need to start thinking outside of the box.
Here are 5 creative ways to advertise your business.
- Tattoo Your Logo—The other day, I was reading a post on the Hostgator blog about Billy the Human Billboard. HostGator paid Billy $3000 to tattoo the company’s logo across his neck. See, Billy is trying to set the Guinness world record for the most advertisement tattoos on a person. Billy the Billboard has already started to create a buzz online, and should he set the record, you can bet he will get some media attention. It’s lifetime advertisement for the companies who purchase spots on Billy’s body.
- Give out freebies—People love to get something for nothing. Freebies provide the perfect opportunity to promote your company. You can give out anything from samples of your products to playing cards with your company’s logo on the backs of each card.
- Publish a book—Self-publishing a book isn’t just a good way to advertise your business; it’s also a great way to increase your authority in your industry. After all, nothing says “expert” like authoring a book on a subject. Whether you self-publish print book or e-books, make sure you include information about your company inside (perhaps a coupon at the end of the book.)
- Sponsor an event or local team—Getting involved in your community helps you both promote your business and establish relationships with your local customers. Youth sports teams are always looking for sponsors, and you can get your name on the back of the team’s jerseys. Find something to sponsor that makes sense for your company. For instance, if your company sells skate clothing and music, you could sponsor a local rock concert with young, up and coming bands. Have banners advertising your company at the event, and make sure a representative is there to hand out freebies and info on your company.
- Turn your car into a billboard—Moving billboards are quickly becoming a popular way for small businesses to get their names out. You can do something as simple as placing a bumper sticker or small magnetic sign on your car to as grandiose as getting a full color wrap placed on your vehicle.
What other creative and unusual methods of advertising have you seen or used?