23 Blogging Rules to Follow
A few weeks ago, I wrote a post outlining the top 23 copywriting rules. The post was pretty successful, so I thought I’d continue the theme by offering up what I believe to be 23 essential blogging rules. Feel free to add to this list by leaving a comment.
- Write the way you talk
- Don’t just copy what everyone else in your niche is doing
- Always proofread your posts
- Do your best to respond to comments in a timely manner
- Don’t fight with commenters who disagree with you. Respect their opinions.
- Optimize your posts for maximum search engine performance
- Create a strong internal linking structure
- Link to other blogs as well
- Focus on writing headlines that beg to be clicked
- Always deliver on the promise of your headline
- Hold reader interest by posting on a regular basis
- Have a place where you jot down ideas for new posts so you never suffer from writer’s block
- Make sure every post is the best work you’re capable of producing
- Don’t ignore proven formulas like top 10 lists and how-to posts
- Make your posts easy to scan by using bullet points and numbered lists
- Fact check your content before posting. Failure to do so could cause a permanent loss of credibility.
- Spend time promoting your blog. Just because you build it doesn’t mean they will automatically come.
- Give and receive guest posts
- Don’t overlook the design of your blog. People do judge a book (your blog) by its cover (its design).
- Place a subscribe link above the fold to attract more blog subscribers
- Use pictures to spice up your posts
- Break really long posts into a blog series whenever possible
- Never stop trying to improve your blogging skills
Which blogging rules would you add to this list? Leave your best rule in the replies.
VN:F [1.9.10_1130]23 Blogging Rules to Follow,