Who would have thought that some of the best copywriting advice you’ll ever receive could be delivered in 140 characters or less? I’ve come up with a list of 33 killer copywriting tips I’ve found on Twitter. Enjoy.
Note: Follow these people on Twitter. You’ll discover even more great marketing and copywriting tips.
1. heatherlloyd: Taking time to put yourself in your target audience’s shoes helps you create copy that’s more targeted and less mechanical
2. charismatickid: If you read your copy out loud and you hear the same keyphrases over and over, it’s time to edit.
3. healymonster: Copywriting tip: Write like you talk. People get sucked into copy that’s easy to read.
4. CopywriterTO: #Copywriting tip: Get your readers’ attention by starting your copy with a compelling story.
5. Mainecopywriter: Copy Tip: Only 10% of your copy gets read. Use subheads to capture attention and draw the reader into the copy.
6. Cbreecopy: Tip: Shorter is not always better. Longer titles are more descriptive and provide better SEO.
7. caseyfleming: #Copywriting tip: Talk about your customers 90% of the time and your company only 10% of the time.
8. CopyByMac: Copywriters: don’t forget to practice writing those headlines and bullets. A simple change to a headline I wrote brought significant changes.
9. companyseo: Copywriting with corporate SEO keywords is one of the best ways to drive qualified leads to your website and convert sales.
10. DGRComms: Copywriting has to be about words that stimulate a response, far from boring yet always professional
11. Copywritings: Copywriting Tip. Starting sentences with But, And is permissible. Advertising copy follows the patterns of speech more than rules of grammar.
12. Copywritings: Copywriting Tip. Write as if you’re speaking to one person
13. Copywritings: Copywriting Tip. Break up your copy with bullet points. Bullets make copy easier to read.
14. JackeeGreen: Copywriting Tip: When Writing A Headline, use AIDA. A=Attention, I=Interest, D=Desire, & A=Action
15. Copysnips: Copywriting Tip: Benefits are reasons to buy at SOME TIME, but if you want them to buy NOW, give them REASONS to do so.
16. Copysnips: Copywriting Tip: We form first impressions of people almost instantly, and the same is true of your copy’s readers.
17. ScottByWater: Copywriting tip: “a writer should always feel like he’s in over his head” Michael Cunningham
18. contentwriteroz : Web Copywriting Tip- Don’t confuse visitors by using various conflicting calls to action on the same page.
19. contentwriteroz :Web Copywriting Tip – Don’t use “click here” or “read more” as link text. Use descriptive link labels for usability & SEO.
20. contentwriteroz : Web Copywriting Tip- Use a professional writing style but a personal and quite casual tone of voice.
21. Contentmakeover: Sales writing tip: Deliver a promise. Show proof. Call for action
22. Contentmakeover: #NLP #Sales #Copywriting Tip: Leave no doubt in your reader’s mind
23. LighthausDesign: Website Copywriting Tip: After writing copy for a page of your site, cut it in half, then cut it in half again. Less is more on the Web.
24. Mainecopywrtr: copywriting tip: make a specific promise in your headline. Then spend the rest of the sales letter proving you can deliver it.
25. Lyricacopy: An adjective phrase beginning a sentence must refer to the subject. So “As a valued customer, we’re offering you…” is incorrect.
26.DMCopywriter: Email copywriting tip: The shorter the subject line, usually the better. Try for 4 to 5 words if possible
27. DMCopywriter: Web page copywriting tip: Let visitors self reflect at your site. Know why they are there firstly
28. SpiritualCopy: Copywriting Tip: Have an awesome product or service… because a great product or service INSPIRES great copy.
29. RobAdvertising: Tip of the day. Have a clear call to action in all your marketing.
30. TopMarketingTip: #Tips – Does your webpage’s headline (preferably H1) describe the problem your customers are having in relation to your solution?
31. farhadkhurshed: #Copywriting Tip: Make a quick transition from your headline to your sales message. Don’t waste time with warm up paragraphs
32. farhadkhurshed: #Copywriting Tip: Be specific with your claims. Superlatives are not credible, concretes invariably are!
33. Prime_Concepts: Copywriting Tip: Use short and long paragraphs for the readers and scanners.
Do you follow any great copywriters on Twitter? Are you a copywriter on Twitter? Leave your links so I can follow more copywriters!