Pinterest is a fast-growing social network that can be a powerful tool for promoting your company. Pinterest has been shown to drive more traffic than most social networks, and many companies have already been successful increasing brand awareness and driving sales with it.
Of course, you can’t be successful on Pinterest if no one is pinning your content or paying attention to you. So, what can you do to get more people to pin your stuff?
Here are 5 good tips to help you leverage Pinterest more effectively for your business.
- Study what your target audience pins—Different types of people are engaged by different types of content. You need to study your target audience and see what type of content tends to grab their interest. What do they pin most often? This is the kind of content you need to be creating and sharing.
- Create infographics—Infographics can be a powerful tool for sharing useful information in an engaging, interesting way. These images can be educational, and they can help position you as an expert in your niche. A well-designed infographic can get a lot of attention on Pinterest, and it could even go viral.
- Get high-quality photos of your products—I can’t tell you how many different products I see my girlfriend pinning on her Pinterest profile. Pinterest users love to pin cool photos of the products they love and are interested in. But if you people to pin photos of your products, you need to make sure these images are high quality and creative. Action shots of your product in use are often great eye candy.
- Create eBooks and whitepapers—eBooks and whitepapers can be great tools for generating leads, driving traffic to your site, and increasing your authority in your niche. To make your eBooks and whitepapers get attention on Pinterest, design great covers for them.
- Pin other relevant, interesting content—Your Pinterest page shouldn’t be one big advertisement for your company. The key to engaging your audience is to mix it up with the content you share. In addition to pinning your own product photos, whitepapers, eBooks, etc., you can also share images that are interesting and relevant to your industry.
Is your business on Pinterest? What tactics do you use to get more pins?