“I don’t want to talk about SEO. I don’t believe in it!” claim some web developers when approached about the ever-popular subject. However, you know otherwise. You need to convince your web developer of SEO importance. What is the best way to communicate effectively about SEO with your web developer? Well, become informed, get prepared and return with an arsenal of information.
Here are some of the things you will need to convey your message:
1) Recent statistics show that at least 90% of all web visitors use the search engine to find what they are looking for. That is an important number to remember in explaining SEO’s importance to your web developer. Your web developer usually likes statistics. If your site isn’t SEO relevant, it is a waste of both time and money. Isn’t there a bonus available for a web developer who comes up with a site that increases visitor traffic? Don’t they want that raise for having developed an efficient, and pleasant looking, site? Of course, they do.
2) SEO (search engine optimization) is not a passing trend. It is here to stay. Content on a website needs to be relevant to both the search engines and people looking for websites. Your website needs to be picked up by the search engines in order to be worthwhile. Search engines feed on SEO.
3) Gather verifiable proof such as documents containing charts, studies, and interviews with top officials regarding the SEO world. Bring this with you for your meeting with your web developer. These will be used to provide references for your knowledge. The purpose of this is to help you start a informative discussion.
4) Keyword placement and frequency help determine your ultimate success with SEO. Use examples of keyword search tools to help show this point when talking with your web developer. Overture works well here. In fact, let your web developer know that keyword search tools have increased in popularity simply due to the necessity of knowing SEO. Your web developer loves keeping current on the industry trends with friends, right?
5) Keyword importance. The importance of keywords needs to be mentioned here. Let your web developer know too much will cause more harm than good. Tell them that it is easier to create keyword-dense content when each page contains no more than three keywords.
6) Keyword phrases are also more relevant than single keywords, research shoes. Using phrases narrows search rank competition and improves the likelihood that your content will meet the searcher’s expectations. For example, if your web page is about “doggie dental care”, it will have more success by containing the keyword phrases “dog teeth” or “dog dental” rather than the more generic single keyword “dog.” Your site visitors will be more targeted towards what you are offering.
There you go, take these factors into play and you will have success while explaining to your web developer why SEO is important. Good luck!