SEO 101: 5 Reasons Why You Should Be Using SEO Right Now
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is one of the most important things you can do to help customers find you online. For an online business this is crucial, but even their brick-and-mortar counterparts can benefit from this relatively new form of marketing.
Search Engine Optimization defined is an online marketing strategy. By employing certain keywords and keyword phrases at the correct density, you can bump your website’s listing to the top of someone’s search results, increasing your business. Entire advertising agencies have spring up around this fast-growing marketing method.
So what does this have to do with you? Everything! Regular joes like you and small business owners need to learn this tool to give your company an edge over the guy down the street with lower prices. Check out the top five reasons why you should be using SEO right now:
- Adds credibility to your company. When someone searches for “widgets” on Google and your company is the first one to appear in the results page, the user assumes that you are an expert on the topic. This makes people more likely to trust you, and ultimately buy from you.
- Cost-effective. You can get high-quality SEO copywriting for a fraction of the cost of traditional copywriters. If you are an excellent communicator, you can even do it yourself for free.
- Easy to implement. Unlike a traditional print advertsing campaign, SEO is very simple to start using and can be done in minutes.
- Results are easy to measure. There are many online tools available to help you measure the effectiveness of your SEO. Results change daily, however, so you must constantly monitor it.
- Reach a wider audience than you would with print. When doing a direct mail campaign, you have to buy a list of your prospects, meaning you already know who they are. SEO allows you to capture the attention of people who you didn’t think would have a need for what you offer.
With all these incentives, it’s easy to see the need for a good SEO campaign. It’s not as difficult as it may appear, and lots of help is available.