The 5 Best Online Copywriting Tools
No matter how great you are gaining high search engine placement and online visibility, the success of your online marketing efforts is tied directly to your copywriting. Once visitors begin landing on your website, it’s the copywriting that will attract their interest and convert them into customers. That’s why it’s important to ensure your copy is as effective as possible.
For this reason, I’ve come up with a list of the best online copywriting tools to help you get the most from your website copy.
- Visual Thesaurus- Finding the right words to make your visitors buy is crucial to your success. The Visual Thesaurus is a unique tool because it displays the connections between words in a conceptual visual map. This helps you take your copywriting ideas from concept into words that sell.
- Customer Focus Calculator- While your first instinct might be to write about how great your company is, the truth is most customers don’t care. All they’re interested in is how you’re going to benefit them. That’s why your website copy needs to be focused on the customer, not your company. This customer focus calculator analyzes your copy to determine if it truly is customer focused.
- RhymeZone- As its name implies, RhymeZone helps you find words that rhyme with each other. But the tool offers so much more than helping you come up with cheesy jingles. It also helps you find famous quotes and documents. Furthermore, RhymeZone allows you to search for word variations, synonyms, antonyms, homophones, and everything else you can think of.
- Readability Test- One of the biggest traps copywriters fall into is trying to show off their command of the written word by including doctorate-level words few can understand. While this might make you sound smart, it’s a down right stupid copywriting idea. The simple truth is most people tend to read at a Jr. high level. In order to connect with them more effectively, you need to speak at levels they can understand. While this might sound like “dumbing down” your copy, I think it’s actually the opposite. It helps you keep your copy brief, to the point, and easy to read.
- Headline Templates- This isn’t really a tool, but it’s worth using nonetheless. It’s a list of 10 headline templates sure to generate interest in your content. A great headline is the key to keeping your visitors from clicking “back” on your website. Use these templates to keep them moving forward toward becoming a loyal customer.
Do you have any copywriting tools that you like to use? Tell us about them in the replies.