How to Create a More Loyal Customer Base
The best businesses have loyal customers who buy from them time and time again. Take a look at Apple. Apple customers are among the most loyal in the world. They line up every time Apple releases a new product. They put Apple bumper stickers on their cars. They show off their Apple gadgets to anyone who will listen. Wouldn’t you love to have loyal customers like that?
Growing a loyal customer base requires work, but it’s worth it. After all, it’s far more profitable for you to keep customers than to try to attract new ones.
Here are some things you can do to build a more loyal customer base.
- Build relationships with your customers—Stop thinking in terms of sales and start thinking in terms of relationships. Your sales philosophy needs to focus on relationship building. Your business can’t lose that personal touch. Take time to get to really know your clients, and keep in touch with them to make sure their needs are always being met.
- Position yourself as the expert in your niche—When customers trust you and view you as an expert, they’ll turn to you every time they need the services or products you offer. No matter what your niche, you need to be seen as an expert. If you sell bicycles, learn everything there is to know about bicycles and share that knowledge with your customers.
- Always deliver on your promises—Relationships are built on trust. If you routinely fail to live up to your promises, you’ll lose the trust of your customers, and the relationship will be damaged, usually beyond repair. It’s pretty simple. If you say you’re going to do something, do it.
- Give great service after the sale—Don’t ignore your customers after they’ve given you their money. Demonstrate your commitment to their satisfaction by providing them with great service after the sale. Follow up with them to make sure they’re happy with their purchase. If they contact you needing help after the sale, be quick to respond.
- Ask for feedback (and use it!)—Do you really know what your customers want? A lot of businesses think they know, but they’re usually wrong because they don’t actually listen to their customers. Always encourage your customers to provide you with honest feedback, and use that feedback to improve your offerings.
What’s your approach for building a loyal customer base? Share your tips by commenting below.