Happy clients are repeat clients. Happy clients recommend you to their friends. Happy clients are easy to manage, giving you one less thing to stress out about while running your business.
So, what can you do to keep your clients happy?
- Put on your listening ears—Sounds obvious enough, but too many people just don’t listen. Pay attention to your client’s requests. Take notes. Ask questions when you need to for clarification. Just learn to listen before you speak.
- Ask them what they want—The better you understand your client’s needs, the better equipped you’ll be to meet them. Asking your client what he wants ensures you stay focused on that, and it shows your client that you really care about his needs.
- Never make a promise you can’t keep—Talk is cheap. It’s easy to make promises when you want to appease your clients, but if you can’t follow through on them, you lose your credibility and tick off your clients.
- Keep them updated—If you’re working with your client over a long period of time, make sure you keep them updated on the status of their project. An informed client is a happy client.
- Be easy to contact—I know there’s nothing I hate more than when I can’t get in touch with a company. It’s frustrating when they don’t pick up the phone or take days to respond to emails. Make sure you’re easy to contact.
- Admit it when you’ve made a mistake—We all make mistakes. The key is to own up to them. Don’t make excuses. Don’t try to pass the blame to someone else. Step up to the plate, admit your mistakes, apologize, and make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Thank them—Thanking your clients for their business is a small gesture, but it can really mean a lot of them.
What are some other things you can do to keep clients happy?