6 Reasons You Should Be Publishing eBooks
Been thinking about writing an eBook? Not sure if it’s worth the time or effort? Here are 6 good reasons you should consider writing eBooks.
- You can position yourself as an expert—When you have your name on a book, your credibility instantly goes up. You begin to be seen as an expert on the subject you’ve written about in your book. And when people begin to see you as an expert, they start to feel more comfortable doing business with you.
- eBook giveaways are great for building email lists—Getting people to sign up for your email list can be pretty tough. One of the best ways to collect email addresses is to offer people something in return for signing up for your list. eBooks can be a great bargaining chip in your quest to build your email list.
- You can sell customers on your products and services—No, your eBook shouldn’t be one big advertisement for your company. First and foremost, your eBook must offer useful information to readers. However, there may be certain places in the book where it makes sense to plug one of your products or services. Take advantages of these opportunities, but don’t go overboard and turn off your readers.
- You can reach a larger audience—People have their own preferred means of consuming information. Some people prefer to read eBooks, but they’d never read your blog or sign up for your email newsletter. By publishing an eBook, you have the opportunity to reach an audience that you might not be able to reach otherwise.
- You can repurpose content you’ve already written—If you’ve created a lot of content for your blog, articles, podcast, newsletter, etc., you can take that content and repurpose it into an eBook. That doesn’t mean you should straight cut and paste your old content into a new eBook but find ways to draw from it so you can save time on research.
- You can create a new revenue stream—You don’t have to give your eBooks away to build up your email list. People do buy eBooks too. In fact, eBooks are hot sellers right now. So, publishing a high quality eBook could help you create a new revenue stream to bolster your bottom line.
Have you ever written an eBook? Thinking about writing one? Share your experiences by commenting below.