Finding new opportunities for backlinks is one of the most challenging parts of running an SEO campaign. Sure, you can always use the old standbys like guest blogging, article marketing, and press release distribution, but these can be very taxing as they involve content creation. That’s why it’s also important to look for easy linking opportunities that others might be overlooking.
Here are 6 creative (and easy!) ways to get more backlinks.
- Submit testimonials for products and services you love—On my website, I have a testimonials section where I allow some of my satisfied clients to submit a brief testimonial with a link back to their website. Obviously, I’m not the only one who does this. There are a lot of companies that will give you a link back to your website when you submit a testimonial to them. Just remember, you’re putting your name on the line, so only submit testimonials for those services and products you truly love.
- Ask employees who have blogs and websites to link to you—With hundreds of millions of blogs and billions of websites online, there is a pretty good chance some of your employees have their own web presence. Ask them if they wouldn’t mind linking to your website, but never try to force them to do so.
- See who’s linking to your competition—Backlink Watch is a neat little tool that makes it easy to see not only how many backlinks competitors have, but also where they’re getting them from and what the quality of the links is. By seeing where your competition is getting their links, you may be able to discover new backlink opportunities for your website.
- Look for company mentions that don’t include a link—Not only should you set a Google alert for all future mentions of your company name, but you should also do some digging around for old brand mentions that don’t have a link to your website. When you find these, simply email the webmaster and ask them if they would turn them into a link for you.
- Get interviewed on podcasts—You already know about guest blogging, but many people overlook the power of podcasting. Podcasts are still very popular, and if you can land an interview on a podcast, not only do you increase your visibility, but you’ll also likely get a link back to your website.
- Become a speaker or sponsor at industry events–In almost every industry, there are big conferences and events all throughout the year. If you have the opportunity to speak at one of these events, you’ll be listed on the conference’s website with a link back to your website. But landing a speaking gig isn’t always possible. In that case, most events accept sponsors, and they give their sponsors listings and backlinks typically.
What are some other creative ways you get backlinks? Share your best tactic by leaving a comment.