How to Get More Conversions for Your Email Opt In
Email newsletters can be a powerful tool for marketing your business. With an ongoing email newsletter campaign, you can build relationships with your customers, nurture leads, educate clients on your products and services, drive traffic to your website, run special promotions to drive sales, and much more.
Of course, you can’t run an email marketing campaign if you don’t have any subscribers to your list. So what can you do to get more email signups through your website?
- Place the form in a prominent spot—Make sure the signup form is clearly visible on every page of your website. It’s preferable to place it in a spot above the fold, so that visitors see the form as soon as they land on your page. For best results, test out placing your forms in different spots on your pages. This will help you identify the best spot for placing your form to maximize sign ups.
- Sell the benefits of your newsletter—Just because you are offering a free email newsletter doesn’t mean people will automatically sign up for it. You still need to sell visitors on the value of your newsletter. Let them know how they will benefit by becoming a subscriber. A few simple bullet points highlighting the benefits of your email newsletter (e.g. “Receive exclusive weekly offers available only to subscribers!”) should suffice.
- Post examples of past newsletters—Let visitors take a look at a few of your old newsletters so they can get a better idea of the type of content you’ll be sending their way.
- Guarantee privacy for subscribers—It’s a good idea to reassure visitors that their personal information will always be protected and that it will only be used for its intended purpose. A simple statement, such as “Your personal information will never be sold or abused” can go a long way to earning trust and earning more sign ups.
- Make it easy to sign up—The easier it is to sign up for your email list, the more subscriptions you’ll get. Ideally, your signup form should just require an email address. In some cases, you may also ask for a name, but remember that the more information you require, the fewer the number of people will be who take the time to complete the sign up process.
What are some of your best tips for getting more email opt ins? Share them by leaving a comment below.