5 Tips for Better Customer Service Via Email
If you’re like most companies, you do a lot of interacting with customers through email. Whether you’re giving prospects more information on your products and services, answering a question from a customer, or trying to deal with an angry customer, it’s important that you understand how to provide the best possible customer service via email. Remember, every email you send will influence your relationship with the recipient, so if you’re not careful, you could end up damaging important relationships and harming your brand.
So, how can you provide the best customer service via email?
- Respond to emails quickly—In today’s fast-paced world, customers expect fast responses to their emails. At minimum, you need to respond to emails on the same business day. Ideally, you should be responding in nearly real-time to incoming emails, showing your customers that you’re on the ball and are committed to providing great service.
- Address the person by name—Most customers will conclude their email by leaving their name, and if not, the name will usually display alongside their email address. Greeting the customer by name adds a personal touch to your emails that shows you’re paying attention and care about them individually.
- Answer all the questions—Make sure you address every point in your customer’s email. Answer each question clearly, and before you hit ‘Send’ double check to verify that all points have been covered.
- Thank the customer for contacting you—It only takes a sentence or two to do this, but thanking the customer for their email can build goodwill with them and show them how much you appreciate their business.
- Get to the point—Don’t ramble on and on in your emails. Your customers are busy people, and they don’t have time to sift through a longwinded email to find the info they need. Cut to the chase and answer their questions.
What are your best tips for providing excellent customer service via email? Share them with us by leaving a comment below.