For email marketing to be effective, your messages have to actually reach your subscribers’ inboxes. Duh, right? Unfortunately, email deliverability is a constant struggle for a lot of companies, as many struggle to keep their emails out of the SPAM folder.
The good news is there are some things you can do to increase your email deliverability rate, and they’re actually fairly simple changes.
Here are 5 easy tips for keeping your emails out of the SPAM folder.
- Build your own list—Buying a list is an easy way to harm your reputation as a sender. These lists tend to be full of dead emails and people who will report you for sending them unsolicited emails. Building your own email list not only protects you against SPAM complaints, but it also helps to increase your open rates and conversion rates because the subscribers are truly interested in your content.
- Scrutinize your content—Make sure you avoid spammy words in your emails, and if you link out to any websites, ensure they are quality pages that are trusted. Also, host your images on credible sources only.
- Ask subscribers for whitelist treatment—The only surefire way to avoid the SPAM folder is to ask new subscribers to add your email address to their address book. This guarantees that they’ll receive your messages in their inbox.
- Create a positive reputation for your From address—Have a dedicated email address for your email marketing campaign (e.g. email@example.com), and only send high quality, relevant content from that address. This will help build credibility for that From address, so you don’t earn a reputation as a spammer.
- Track deliverability—Always monitor every aspect of your email marketing campaign, including deliverability rates. If your messages are getting through, figure out what’s causing them to get blocked.
What are some of your best tips for improving email deliverability? Share them by leaving a comment.