If you’ve followed this blog for any time at all, you know I’m an advocate for guest blogging. I think guest posting is a powerful tool you can leverage to build brand awareness, gain more backlinks, and drive traffic to your website.
But guest blogging is more about just being a guest blogger on other blogs. It’s also important to allow guest posts on your blog too. Why?
- Fresh content for your blog—Want to keep your readers engaged? You need to give them fresh content on a regular basis. You can’t always come up with it on your own, but with the help of guest bloggers, you can have a backlog of new content whenever you need it.
- Offer your readers a new point of view—You’re a great blogger, I’m sure. But you’re just one person, and you can only have so much perspective. Occasionally, it’s nice to give your readers a fresh point of view. This broadens horizons for your readers, gives them new information, and keeps your blog interesting.
- Networking with other bloggers—Blogger outreach is an important part of any successful PR campaign today. By accepting guest posts on your blog, you build relationships with other bloggers that could come in handy in the future.
- Earn new guest posting opportunities for yourself—Ever heard of the concept “Give and you shall receive”? The same applies for guest blogging. When you allow others to guest post on your blog, you build relationships with these bloggers, and in the future, they may return the favor by allowing you to guest post on their blogs.
- Give yourself a break—Blogging on a daily basis can be tiring, and it can lead to blogger’s burnout. By accepting guest posts, you can give yourself a bit of a break from blogging, allowing you to get away and recharge your blogging batteries.
- Learn other bloggers’ best tactics—No matter how long you’ve been blogging, there’s always something you can learn. It’s easy to get caught up in your ways as a writer and to never grow. Learn from your guest bloggers, and you can become a more well-rounded blogger.
- Reach new readers—Whenever someone guest posts on your blog, they’ll likely promote their post to their followers. This can drive new traffic to your blog and even earn you some new loyal readers.
Do you accept guest posts on your blog? Let us know!