5 Tips for Getting Guest Posting Opportunities on Top Blogs
Not all guest blogging opportunities are created equal. The bigger the blog you can get your guest post on, the better. Of course, getting your guest posts accepted on the top blogs in your niche is usually pretty hard. Top bloggers receive countless pitches from would-be gust bloggers, so the competition is stiff.
Here are 5 tips that will give you an edge when trying to land guest posting opportunities on the best blogs.
- Start by hanging out in the comments—Gain some name recognition by being active in the comments for a little while before sending in your guest blogging pitch. After a few insightful comments, the blogger will start to notice you, and when you ask to submit a guest post, you’ll already have some level of credibility.
- Study the blog closely—The more you know about the blog, the better. Take a look at the style of the posts on the blog. Figure out what type of content readers respond most enthusiastically to, and try to identify subjects that the blogger hasn’t yet discussed exhaustively.
- Send your post with the pitch—If you’ve already written a great post, it’s easier for the blogger to accept your pitch and publish your post. The post is already good to go. This will set your pitch apart from all the others clogging the blogger’s inbox.
- Don’t offer the post anywhere else—Don’t shop your post around to other blogs. It’s disrespectful to the blogger, and it makes it look like you’re just trying to use their site’s notoriety rather than actually contribute something of value.
- Use My Blog Guest—My Blog Guest is a community of guest bloggers. Guest blogging opportunities are posted on a regular basis, and you might be surprised at how many guest posting opportunities there are for top blogs.
What do you think is the best way to get guest blogging opportunities on the top blogs?