5 More Ways To Increase Your Business Blog’s Effectiveness
Recently, I discussed 5 important ways to improve your business blog. The list contained strategies you could apply immediately to help grow your blog. However, after posting this blog, I realized there were several more things you could do to further increase your blog’s effectiveness. If you have already started implementing my prior suggestions, you are ready to begin the following steps.
- Bookmark Your Posts- Bookmarking and blogging are like peanut butter and jelly; they simply go together. Digg, Mixx, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and del.icio.us are just a few social bookmarking tools you can use to tag your blogs. Bookmarking has many benefits. It allows for quick indexing, and it creates targeted traffic. Additionally, using social bookmarking can help you build your backlinks. In short, bookmarking your blogs is a necessary step to improving your business blog.
- Guest Blog- Contributing a guest post to another industry blog is one way you can grow your reader base quickly. Begin by befriending other bloggers in your industry. You can do this through commenting on their blog or by sending them a message telling them how much you enjoy their blog. After developing a relationship with the blogger, ask them if you could contribute a guest blog to their site. If they say yes, make sure you give them your best possible work. This guest post will be your one chance to capture the attention of the other blog’s readers. If you are successful, some of these readers will become regular visitors to your blog.
- Let Others Guest Blog- In addition to guest posting on other blogs, you should also ask other bloggers if they would like to contribute to your blog. Having another blogger write a post can benefit you in a couple ways. First, the blogger will likely ask his readers to come read the guest post on your blog. This flood of readers will then browse through your other posts to get a sense of what your blog is about. If your content is good, you stand a good chance of some of them becoming loyal members of your reader base. Secondly, having a guest poster will help build your status as a resource for your industry. Readers will realize you are presenting them with information from various voices throughout the industry, and your blog will become their one-stop spot for industry knowledge.
- Talk With Your Readers- Many authors make the mistake of talking at their readers rather than to them. Blogging is a social experience. It’s different than static content in the sense that blog readers get to voice their opinion on the content. For this reason, you should strive to write posts that encourage reader participation. Furthermore, when the readers do participate by commenting, don’t ignore their opinions. If someone comments on your blog, you should always respond to them with a thoughtful comment. Don’t just say “thanks for commenting.” Instead, engage the commenter to show them you care about their opinion and you want them to come back.
- Have A Fresh Opinion- There are millions of blogs on the internet. Every day, new blogs are created. It doesn’t matter what industry you’re in; there are blogs discussing it. So, what can you do to stick out from the crowd? Having a fresh opinion certainly won’t hurt. The majority of the bloggers out there plays it safe and simply parrots what everyone else is saying. Instead of copying what everyone else is saying, you should think about the subject and form your own opinion on the matter. Sure, sometimes your opinion will be similar to others, but if you take the time to develop your own thoughts, the majority of the time you will say something unique. Unique opinions will capture the attention of readers, and they will help you stand apart from the crowded blogosphere.